Having your own style
“Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak." — Rachel Zoe
The way we style ourselves, to be honest, is mostly influenced by the fashion industry and famous celebrities of today. When Taylor Swift debuted as a country singer, her style was all dress and boots. Ariana Grande today is all about the ponytail, oversized sweaters, and thigh high boots. It’s important that you know your own style so you wouldn’t have to explain yourself to people about who you are. Well, in the first place, why would you have to explain anything about yourself? Have your own style and just be you. Here are some of the reasons why having your own style is important:
- Your authentic style will give you the freedom to actually being who you really are.
- Challenging your creativity with how you mix and match your outfits will keep you inspired to be more imaginative and more confident in choosing colors and styles that you know will best suit you.
- Knowing your own style will help you be more confident and be more assured that, yes, you really are looking good.
- You’ll eventually learn to shun any negative comments about your outfit just because it doesn’t conform to what society deems as normal.
- People will actually look up to your confidence and might eventually help them find their own style, too.
Confidence: it’s the exact thing you’ll be getting once you’ve finally figured out your own style. Creativity will get you to places! Own your style, and just keep being confident. You look good if you feel good. ☺